• There are many different types of this scam, such as fake lotteries, investment scams, pyramid selling and get rich quick schemes.
• Victims are often told they have won a large cash prize but they are asked to send a fee to in order to release it.
• Never send cash or disclose personal details or buy goods to claim a prize.
• Seek professional advice before signing up to any investment or get
rich quick schemes.
• If you receive something you think may be a scam – don’t respond
as your name may be sold on to other fraudsters and you will find
yourself receiving more letters of a similar nature.
• If you have received scam mail, talk to someone you trust such as a
friend or family member.