Who to contact about: Flooding

FloodingIf you suffer from a leak or minor flood in your home, for example a burst pipe in cold weather, TURN OFF THE WATER AT THE STOP COCK. The first point of contact should be your housing provider, landlord or insurance company. They will have an emergency contact number and will advise of the best course of action and may be able to arrange a plumber.

If there is immediate risk to vulnerable people due to flooding, contact the Police or Fire Service.

For more serious incidents such as serious floods or sewerage leaks contact Northumbria Water. If the roadway becomes flooded then contact your local council on the numbers below. IF THE FLOODING PRESENTS A DANGER TO ROAD USERS PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE.

Who deals with this?

  • For mains burst in the street or sewerage floods please contact Northumbria Water on 0345 717 1100 or for minor leaks 0800 393 084

  • Visit the Northumbrian Water website at: http://www.nwl.co.uk


Contact Information

Remember, private tenants please contact your landlord or letting agency

Rental tenants please contact your housing provider

Dated: 04 Jul 2016