Vietnamese arrests - 226/17
Dated: 08 Mar 2017
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act'
Thank you for your e mail dated 26 February 2017 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. For each year 2014, 2015, 2016 and first 2 months of 2017, please provide the total number of arrests of Vietnamese national adults (broken down by year for this and all the future questions)
2. For each year 2014, 2015, 2016 and first 2 months of 2017, please provide the total number of arrests of Vietnamese national minors (under 18 at time of arrest)
3. For each year 2014, 2015, 2016 and first 2 months of 2017, please provide the number of arrests for offences relating to the cultivation of cannabis under Section 4(2) and Section 6(2) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971- all nationalities
4. For each year 2014, 2015, 2016 and first 2 months of 2017, please provide the total number of arrests of Vietnamese adults for Cannabis Cultivation
5. For each year 2014, 2015, 2016 and first 2 months of 2017, please provide the total number of arrests of Vietnamese minors for Cannabis Cultivation
6. For each year 2014, 2015, 2016 and first 2 months of 2017, please provide the number of people arrested for human trafficking crimes, both a. Vietnamese b. All nationalities
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
With regards to the information requested at points 1-5 for the years 2014 & 2015 the below exemption applies.
As the information you have requested is accessible by other means I have not provided you with a copy of the information and will rely on Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You should therefore consider this a refusal for your request.
I have provided an explanation to this exemption below.
Section 21 (1) - Information accessible by other means
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant is exempt information.
You are already in receipt of this information from your previous request, FOI 556/16 refers, and which was sent to you on 24/05/2016.
We shall therefore be responding to points 1-5 for 2016 and up to 26/02/17, and point 6 for the time periods 2014, 2015, 2016 and up to 26/02/17 only.
2016 - 59
2017 - 1
2016 - 9
2017 - 1
2016 - 155
2017 - 19
2016 - 25
2017 - 1
2016 - 4
2017 - 0
2014 - 0
2015 - 0
2016 - 1
2017 - 0
2014 - 19
2015 - 14
2016 - 20
2017 - 3
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.