Printers - 203/17
Dated: 17 Mar 2017
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 20 February 2017 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Please could you provide the following information in relation to Photocopiers, Multi-Functional Devices and Desktop Printers:
1. Type of current contract details?
2. Name of companies awarded?
3. What is the length of contract/s and end dates?
4. Number of devices?
5. Estimated annual print/copy volume
6. What is the annual spend?
7. Please provide details on how these were procured. i.e.– By Framework
a. Procurement method that’s used
b. If Framework, please state which one
8. Do you have any print management software? If so, which software?
9. Do they supply you with any scanning software (additional to the software native to the device)? If so, which software?
10. What Document Management solution/s do you currently use within your organization?
11. Do you have any managed cloud hosting solution? If so which software / provider?
12. Do you have any mobile print software? If so, which software?
13. Who is the person within your organization responsible for the MFD’s and the contract(s), what is their title, and their contact details?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the IC&T and Finance Departments of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
We have no contract for the support of printers - these are supported by the in-house technician team
1. Provision of Multi- Functional Devices ( MFD) and Services
2. Canon Uk Ltd
3. 5 years commencing 1 Dec 2014 until 30 Nov 2019
4. 108 standard MFD's and 12 desktop MFD's
5. Approx 8.6million copies per annum.
7 Direct award from Crown Commercial Services Framework RM 1599.
9. eCopy Software
10. The Force uses Cyclops, Core-DMS and Sharepoint.
13. Claire Urwin - Procurement Officer email@example.com
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.