Software - 021/17
Dated: 20 Jan 2017
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 6 January 2017 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Who provides the organisations BACS payments and Direct Debit collection software?
Please provide a list of your suppliers of the above software.
2.How you came to the decision to choose these companies?
3. Are these solution(s) hosted on premise or cloud hosted?
4.Please provide expenditure on computer software used for Bacs payment processing and Direct Debit collection. For financial years 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.
5. When does your current contract(s) with BACs payment and direct debit collection software expire?
6. What is the total value of your current BACS payment and Direct Debit collection software contract(s) and over what period?
7. With whom does the organisation hold its primary bank account?
8. Does the organisation, acting as a Bureau, provide Bacs processing on behalf on any other organisation?
9. What payments types does the organisation use? (e.g Bacs (Direct Credit), Direct Debit, Faster Payments, etc.).
10. Who is the person responsible for BACS processing and Direct Debit collection software?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Finance Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. BACS – AccessPay , Direct Debit Collection – Northumbria Police do not have DD collection software.
2. Best Value for money Option.
2014/15 – Information is not held - we did not have software at that date,
5.The arrangement is renewed annually on 10th January.
6. £2,600 per year
7. Barclays Bank
8. The organisation make BACS payments on behalf of the Chief Constable of Northumbria Police, Office of Police and Crime Commissioner for Northumbria, and Victims First Northumbria.
9.Bacs, Direct Debit, Faster Payments, Foreign transfer payments, Cheque, Cash.
Name John Worland
Position Principal Accountant
Telephone Number 101
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.