Mobile phones - 806/15
Dated: 24 Sep 2015
Date of request: 07/09/15
Date of response: 24/09/15
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')(FOIA)
Thank you for your email dated 7 September 2015 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I want to make a Freedom of Information request, could you please send me the following information with regards to the organisation’s Mobile Phones.
If there is more than one provider please split all the information including including the annual average spend, number of users, duration, contract dates and internal contact details.
1. Network Provider(s) - Please provide me with the network provider name
2. Annual Average Spend- Can you please provide me with the average annual spend over the 3 years. If this is a new contract can you please provide the estimated annual spend.
3. Number of Users- Number of connections for each network provider.
4. Duration of the contract- please state if the contract also include contract extensions for each provider.
5. Contract Start Date- please can you provide me with the start date of the signed agreement. Please do not provide me with the framework contract date i require the contract dates of the signed agreement.
6. Contract Expiry Date- please can you provide me with the expiry date of the signed agreement. Please do not provide me with the framework contract date i require the contract dates of the signed agreement. If the contract is rolling please state.
7. Contract Review Date- Please can you provide me with a date on when the organisation plans to review this contract.
8. The person within the organisation responsible for this particular contract. Can you send me the full contact details Contact Name, Job Title, Contact Number and direct email address for each network provider? If full contact details cannot be provided please send me the actual job title.
If the supply of mobile phones if provided by an external organisation please state the name of the organisation, the number of users (Connections of your organisation only) and the name of the network provider.
Please can you provide me with the latest information- If the organisation’s is currently out to tender please can you also state the approx. date of award along with the information above.
Also if contract in the response has expired / rolling please can you provide me with further information if available of the organisation's plans going forward with regards to mobiles and the current status?
If this contract was awarded within the past three months can you please provide me with a shortlist of suppliers that bid on the contract?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the ICT and Procurement Departments of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. and 2. Telefonica Ltd. This is a new contract. It is estimated that the annual cost going forward will be in the region of £340,000 per annum
The Police Force also has a contract with Vodafone Ltd. However this arrangement will become obsolete in the next 12 – 15 months when the contract with Telefonica Ltd. is fully in place and the individual airtime contracts with the Vodafone have served their minimum 2 year contract term.
3. 3000 connections expected with Telefonica
4. Telefonica Ltd. Initial term of 24 months with option to extend for a further 24 month
5. Telefonica Ltd. The Contract was signed on the 15/1/2015. The contract start date was the date which the Contractor first started providing services to the Force which was 27t/01/2015.
6. Telefonica Ltd - 2 years after the Contractor first started providing services to the force
7. 6-9 months prior to expiry of the initial term.
8. The Procurement Officer is responsible for this contract. Procurement@northumbria.pnn.police.uk
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with our decision or do not consider that we have handled your request properly and we are unable to resolve this issue informally, you are entitled to make a formal complaint to us under our complaints procedure which can be found at: www.northumbria.police.uk/freedom_of_information/disclosure_log/foi_complaint_rights/
If you are still unhappy after we have investigated your complaint and reported to you the outcome, you may complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office and request that they investigate to ascertain whether we have dealt with your request in accordance with the Act.