Protect the tools of your trade from thieves
25 Oct 2016 12:00 PM[View Full Size]
Northumbria Police is urging tradespeople to protect the tools of their trade from thieves in South Tyneside.
Recently, trade vehicles have been targeted in the Hebburn area - in particular streets near Argyle Street towards the Tyne.
Tradespeople are reminded to remove tools from their van overnight.
Regular patrols will be carried out in the area throughout the night.
Acting Neighbourhood Inspector Matt Hough said: "Removing tools from the van at night may be extra inconvenience for people, but it may be crucial in helping prevent those tools from being stolen.
"Tradespeople rely on their tools to carry out their job so it is worth doing everything possible to protect them."
Police offer the following advice:-
- Remove tools from the van overnight.
- Display a sticker letting people know tools are not kept in the van overnight.
- Park in a garage or well-lit area.
- Park with the back door close to a wall or garage so it cannot be opened easily.
- Double check the van is locked before leaving it.