Closure order granted against Gateshead nightmare neighbour

18 Aug 2017 12:00 PM

Nicky Robson [View Full Size]

A Closure Order has been granted on a home in Gateshead following complaints against a nightmare neighbour.

Magistrates in Gateshead granted the order against the address in Fontwell Drive after an application from the local housing association supported by neighbourhood officers in west of the town.

They had received reports that 32-year-old occupant Nicky Kenneth Robson had been making the lives of his neighbours a nightmare.

He became involved in anti-social behaviour after getting drunk and harassing local residents in the estate where he lived.

It is believed to be the first Premises Closure Order in the region and effectively sees a tenant banned from living in their own home.

As a result, Robson and his associates were asked to leave the address following the hearing on Friday, July 28. He was eventually evicted last Tuesday.

Neighbourhood Sergeant Warren Sturrock has said that police won't hesitate to use the legislation again if individuals choose to behave in a way that causes distress to local residents.

He said: "We know anti-social behaviour is a significant issue for our local residents and along with our partner agencies we work tirelessly to do everything we can to tackle this issue.

"The ongoing partnership work between the Gateshead housing company and our local neighbourhood policing team will deal effectively and efficiently with all reports of this type of behaviour.

"It's not fair that they have to put up with this, they deserve to be able to live in their own homes without having to put up with the anti-social behaviour of another individual and I hope they can now have some reprieve from this behaviour.

"We hope offenders now recognise just how seriously we take this kind of behaviour and understand that it will not be tolerated under any circumstances."

Members of the public can report anti-social behaviour by visiting our website and using their online reporting form here:

You can also dial 101 or email your local neighbourhood policing team. They can all be found on the Northumbria Police website.