September/October - Drug Dealing, Drug Abuse and Antisocial Behaviour Byker Wall
- We are acutely aware of the overt use of Drugs and NPS (Legal Highs) in the Byker Wall.
- We have now executed 7 search warrants and made some significant finds.
- We are working very closely with the Byker Community Trust and Newcastle City Council and we hope residents have noticed a decrease in persons openly injecting drugs.
- Newcastle City Council have commenced a program to address overgrown foliage where drug dens have been located.
- Together with the BCT, we are working towards tenancy enforcement.
- Six persons are now under investigation for Drug and NPS Supply.
- Dispersal Orders have been implemented directing offenders to leave the area.
- 22 partners have conducted site visits to Drug Dens. We are working together to address this problem through various options, of which enforcement is only one action.
September/October -Antisocial Behaviour and Criminal Damage St Peter’s Basin
- We are investigating an increase in antisocial behaviour by young persons in SPB
- We have implemented Dispersal Orders directing offenders to leave the area.
- We are aware that fires and graffiti are a concern.
- We will be managing the primary offending person(s) through prosecution and diversion.
- The young people committing ASB are identified and known to police.
- Neighbourhood Police Officers will be increasing their presence around SPB and retain links with Residents Groups.