July 2017 - Byker wall and surrounding area
Concerns have been raised regarding an increase in discarded drugs
paraphernalia in and around the Byker wall area.
What are we doing:
* All Neighbourhood Beat Officers , Community Support Officers and 24/07
patrols have been made aware of the problems.
* Dispersal order authorities under section 35 Anti Social Behaviour Crime and
Policing Act 2014 have been authorised to help combat the anti social behaviour
and will continue to be used throughout June/ July where necessary.
* Neighbour policing teams are working with partner agencies to remove any
discarded items as quickly as possible.
* Officers are carrying out foot and bike patrols to robustly arrests suspects
and detect offences.
* In partnership with the local authority and the Byker Trust, Acceptable
Behaviour Agreements and Tenancy enforcement are being enforced for those
who commit offences.
* The Neighbourhood Policing Team are actively gathering intelligence
regarding addresses / individuals who are involved in any drug
July 2017 - Shields road and surrounding area
Concerns have been raised regarding an increase in street drinkers / beggars
and anti social behaviour on Shields road, Byker.
What we are doing :
* We are currently working with the Newcastle Pub watch & Shop watch
scheme to actively report any issues of anti social behaviour.
* Dispersal order authorities under section 35 Anti Social Behaviour
Crime and Policing Act 2014 have been authorised to help combat the anti social
behaviour and will continue to be used throughout June/ July where necessary.
* Anti social behaviour injunctions are being explored for any repeat
* Neighbour hood police officers are using police powers to seize alcohol from
those committing offences.
* Additional patrols are being conducted throughout the month of June/
July to actively identify and deal with offenders committing offences.
* Pc 583 Vaughn and Pc 43 Spicer (from the Neighbourhood Policing Team) are
actively working with partner agencies to education and support those who may have
issues of vulnerability.